This notice sets forth our policies with respect to information about individuals collected on our website (“Site”). SRZ does not collect personally identifying information from visitors to this site unless voluntarily and knowingly submitted by the visitor. You can have general access to our site and browse the pages without providing any personal information. We do not currently use “cookies” (small pieces of data sent to your computer browser from some web servers and stored on your computer’s hard drive to remember your information).
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time without advance notice by posting a new notice on this site. Any new policy will apply only to information collected thereafter. This policy applies only to our practices relating to information collected on our website. If you become a client of our firm, a separate privacy notice may be provided to you that applies to our client relationship. SRZ restricts access to nonpublic personal information you provide to us and maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect information you submit on our website.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
You may browse areas of the Site that do not require entry of log-in credentials without actively entering personal information. However, certain information may be provided to SRZ automatically by your web browser or application when entering or utilizing the Site, including, as examples: IP addresses, other device identifiers, browser types, operating systems, access dates and times, and referring and exiting URLs.
Certain areas and services on the Site may ask you to provide personal information, including through completion of forms on various pages of the Site. SRZ will only use the information provided for the purpose for which it was provided or other purposes for which you give consent. By registering with the Site and/or requesting notifications, you may be informed of client alerts, events or other materials or activities. You may request removal from such listserv(s) by emailing a request to email@example.com.
SRZ may collect and use your personal information for the purposes of administering the relationship between us, marketing our products and services to you or the businesses with which you are associated, monitoring and analysing our activities, and complying with applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
SRZ will use one of the permitted grounds under the applicable law to process your personal information. Such grounds include instances where you have given your consent and cases where your consent is not required under applicable law, such as where SRZ is required to comply with a legal obligation, or where SRZ, or a third party, determines that it is necessary for our legitimate interests to collect and use your information.
The legitimate interests to collect your personal information may include any of the purposes identified above and any other purpose where SRZ or a third party have determined that you have a reasonable expectation for SRZ or a third party to collect or use your personal information for such purpose. You have the right to object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
What Are the Consequences of Failing to Provide Your Personal Information?
A refusal to provide SRZ with personal information may, depending on the purpose for which your personal information is required, have various consequences such as SRZ being unable to communicate with you, the termination of any service or other contractual arrangement between us, or, where SRZ has a reasonable suspicion of illegal activity, SRZ may be required to make a report to regulatory or enforcement agencies.
Sharing of Personal Information
SRZ may (to the extent relevant to the purpose for which SRZ collects your information), share your personal information with third parties, such as:
- Our affiliates and offices;
- Any person to whom SRZ has a right or obligation to disclose your personal information, or where SRZ determines that disclosure is necessary to protect or defend our rights or property, including with regulators, courts of law, governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agencies;
- Our internet, IT, telecommunications and other service providers;
- Any person, as directed by you; or
- Any person to whom SRZ transfers any of our rights or obligations under any agreement, or in connection with a sale, merger or consolidation of our business or other transfer of our assets, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, or who is otherwise deemed to be our successor or transferee.
Processing of Personal Information in Countries Outside the EEA
Your personal information may be processed in the United States and other countries outside the European Economic Area (“Third Countries”), that may not offer the same level of data protection as that afforded by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). SRZ will process personal information (or procure that it be processed) in the Third Countries in accordance with the requirements of applicable law, which may include having appropriate contractual undertakings in legal agreements with service providers who process personal information on our behalf in such Third Countries.
How Long Does SRZ Keep Your Personal Information?
Your Rights Under the Data Protection Law
You may have certain rights under Data Protection Law in respect of the personal information SRZ holds about you and which you may exercise. These rights are:
- To request access to your Information;
- To request rectification of inaccurate or incomplete Information;
- To request erasure of your Information (a “right to be forgotten”);
- To restrict the processing of your Information in certain circumstances;
- To object to our use of your Information, such as where SRZ has considered such use to be necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g., in the case of direct marketing activities);
- Where relevant, to request the portability of your Information;
- Where you have given consent to the processing of your Information, to withdraw your consent; and
- To lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
How to Contact SRZ
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
Attn: General Counsel
919 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws, including the Data Protection Law.
Links to Other Sites